Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby steps...

I already feel like this blog is lacking in direction. All my posts are just going to be a list of "I did this." I just want to chart new developments.

So this weekend saw me NOT working out as planned. Saturday was a juggle with a tired/teething baby and although I had time to go there were other things to get done so it got skipped. Dang it.

Yesterday for lunch I tried the 3rd new food since Jan 1st, 2012. Doesn't seem like a big deal but for me it is. But I'm trying to expand my palate. I've tried kale, arugula, and now brussel sprouts so far. I've got a whole list of foods I want to try.

I'm wearing different earrings to work today. Yes, big deal. I always wear simple silver hoops. In fact, I usually leave them in for months and months at a time. But last night I decided that today I would wear jewelry. I wear jewelry so infrequently that I discovered that ALL my necklaces are in one tangled pile, so I decided to forgo a necklace and just wear different earrings. It's the little things in life.

In other non-me-centered news, D and I moved L to his own bedroom last night. We still got a horrible night of sleep (he cried at 11, 12, 12:30, 1, and 2:00 but then slept through until 7:10), but hopefully in a few days we'll all be adjusted and it will go well. The crib freed up a HUGE amount of space in our room, and we're planning on "downsizing" our bed soon so there will be more room after that.

No comments: